Something to end the week with:
I suggest you read the whole article, but for the TL:DR folks:
- First of all, the data backs up my point. I have facts out the waz. Your data are flawed, old, biased or incomplete.
- More important than the data, though, is that my argument is just.
- There are several authors who have made the very point I am making more eloquently than I have, and you can buy their books and read them in your spare time, which I suggest you do, because right now you’re uneducated and just talking out your butt.
- I shall now appeal to authority by quoting a philosopher who agrees with my premise, thereby wrapping my argument in the wisdom of the ages.
- I should also mention—and it absolutely pains me to say this—that there are crazy people who agree with what you have to say. I’m not saying you’re crazy. I’m saying they’re crazy. But you’re both saying the same thing. Draw your own conclusions as to what this means.
- While your argument is completely incorrect, I do agree with you on one small, meaningless point. Doing so gives me some upper hand, because I now appear to be the more magnanimous party.
- Let’s just agree to disagree, but let’s also agree that I’m more right.